When is Legacy Modernization crucial for your Business?
Legacy modernization is one of the major challenges faced by businesses seeking to innovate and adopt emerging technologies. How to transfer a technology developed some decades ago into more modern systems and software without jeopardizing the stored data?
Some legacy systems can be critical to day-to-day operations, but can be based on obsolete technologies. As companies update and replace their technologies, they should ensure the compatibility between the old systems and data formats in use.
What are the main points of attention to know whether a business should implement legacy modernization approaches? Below, we listed the main signs indicating the need for this architecture:
- Outdated software;
- Obsolete technology;
- Difficulty in adding new features;
- Poor operational efficiency;
- Lack of mobility;
- Shortage of qualified collaborators;
- Lack of scalability;
- Lack of support;
- Non-compliance to modern systems;
- Software hosted on physical servers.
How important is legacy modernization?
Legacy modernization directly improves productivity by streamlining tasks and optimizing existing processes. When it comes to a modernization strategy – which should be based on the mapping of processes and on the organization’s strategy planning –, the first step is to deploy new technologies. This approach can bring several benefits, among which:
- Revenue growth: legacy modernization enables businesses to implement new resources that can directly help them tap into new markets and offer new products and services not possible with the outdated systems.
- Lower maintenance costs: maintaining a system that does receive updates is costly. By executing a legacy modernization architecture, there is a significant reduction in IT costs and savings can be used to offer even more manageable and scalable services.
- Increased productivity: by implementing apps and systems that reduce customers’ demands and a backlog of new functionalities and bugs, IT teams can focus exclusively on developing innovative projects that can further reduce costs and increase sales.
- Improved customer experience: organizations are able to provide an improved customer experience by offering new services and processes with a more friendly interface in a multichannel environment accessed with distinctive devices.
- DNA innovation: legacy modernization expedites the execution of tasks, transforming the organization into an environment where innovation comes naturally, enabling it be much more competitive.
- Greater flexibility: the decision to adopt agile systems allows organizations to stand out as technological interruptions resulting from obsolete technologies are eliminated, enabling businesses to be ahead of the curve in the corporate software industry.
Briteris has a highly skilled team that can help your business innovate and make your legacy systems much more agile and scalable. In addition to maintaining your systems, our Managed Services experts can modernize them to ensure increased operational efficiency, adjust them to meet your business’ needs and help you reduce your IT costs. Visit our website and check it out!
Leave a Reply