Effective Date: July 25, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how BRITERIS LLC (“Briteris”, “our,” “we”) collects, uses, and shares personal information via its website and online services which post this notice (collectively, our “Services”). Briteris provides development and programming services to its business clients; its Services include its software-as-a-service (SaaS) process management platform (the “Platform” or “CAP”). This Notice applies to personal information provided, transmitted, or submitted through our Services, and it also describes the choices we offer with respect to such data.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices. If you are an individual who has interacted with one of our business clients through their use of our Services, you should contact that client directly regarding their privacy practices and to exercise data rights regarding their use of your information.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- How We Secure Information
- How We Share Information
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- Contact Information
Information We Collect
To provide our Services, we collect data by which you may be personally identified. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, including usage data.
We collect this information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
- From third parties, including analytics providers.
Information directly from you. We collect information you provide when you interact with us or visit our website (such as to complete forms).
Information from our business clients. If you are an individual, please note that our business clients may store information about you on our Platform. We do not control the information our clients choose to provide to our Platform. Such information may include [certain demographic information that our business clients provide directly to us, including contact details such as full name, InLand Revenue Document, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, geolocation details, device identification details, and payment information]. To understand how these businesses may use or process your information on our Platform, you should contact them directly.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, emails from us that you open, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide you, including gathering aggregated data about engagement. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our Services and other websites. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites.
Information we collect from third party sources. With respect to our website and online services, we may receive additional information from third-party analytic services who help us better understand our visitors. The Services include advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may provide us information both in connection with our website and online services and through tools they use to collect information about you when you use such website or services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They and we may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content, and for other purposes (such as to better understand our Services’ audience).
How We Use Information We Collect
If you are an individual, we may use your personal information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following (which includes activity on behalf of our business clients):
- To provide our Services to our business clients. Through our Platform, our business may store and process personal information about individuals.
- To maintain, analyze, customize, measure, and improve our Services, which includes generating internal reports about the use of our Services, and by enabling the development of customized technological solutions of our products.
- To send transactional communications, including requests for information, responses to requests for information, and other Service updates.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you and our customers, including about products updates and offerings that we think they may be interested in.
- For account management, finance, dispute resolution, and reporting purposes.
- To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- For internal business reasons, including internal audits or investigations, company research, insurance purposes.
- To comply with legal requirements and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity, and to protect you, others, and ourselves.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our Services, content, and advertising. In cases where we have obtained information from our clients, our use of the information may be more limited than indicated above.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may share information about you:
- With our business clients if your information is stored on or collected through our Platform on their behalf.
- With vendors, service providers, and other third parties, including our website host.
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect the interests, property, or legal rights of you, ourselves, or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or applicable terms.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our legal terms, or to exercise or defend legal claims; and
- As permitted by law or with your direction or consent.
What Choices Do I Have?
Updating your personal information. As indicated above, in some cases we gather information about individuals in connection with the provision of our Platform or other Services to our business clients. You should contact the business client directly to change personal information under their control.
Marketing communications. We may send you marketing communication to promote our own products or services. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us even after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result. For choice of cookies, please visit our website at https://www.briteris.com.
Third-Party Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Briteris, please contact us at email@example.com.